Thursday, April 27, 2006

ANNIE HALL REVIEW


Annie Hall: I have a confession to make. I’ve never seen Annie Hall. This was one of those movies that I’m ashamed for never taking the time to see. Annie Hall, made in 1977, is a classic. To be absolutely honest I’ve been on the Star Wars side of the fence in the debate of which film deserved the Oscar for Best Picture in 1977. Comparing Annie Hall to a “Beautiful Mind” that I’m sure it was a good movie but not a great one and would not stand the test of time. Boy was I wrong. Star Wars does have Annie Hall beat in as far as pop cultural significance but Annie Hall is an overall better made film. Why, oh why, did I wait so long to view this flick? It’s a very funny story about the love life of a Jewish New Yorker comedian. Nothing is sacred and no punches are pulled. The jokes are fast, smart, and funny and had me laughing out loud. Woody is great as Alvie Singer and I’ve always been kind of cold towards Diane Keaton in other films but she’s absolutely terrific on screen here as the title character. Annie Hall has really truly stood the test of time. And I loved it. A+

Hulk: HULK NO LIKE MOVIE. HULK MAD! HULK GET ALL READY TO SEE MOVIE. HULK EVEN PUT ON RED WIG AND RED DRESS. HULK MAD WHEN HULK SEE LITTLE PUNY MAN TALKING AND TALKING. WHERE IS HULK FRIEND ‘LIL ORPHAN ANNIE? WHERE IS BALD MAN DADDY WARBUCKS? HULK WANT TO SING “TOMORROW, TOMORROW”. WHERE IS PUPPY DOG?
















Bobo: Bobo no like this moobie. Bobo did watch five minutes and Bobo make decision that only queerboys and people with vaginas want to watch this movie. Bobo kept waiting for sexy hot pants Annie lady to get nekkid but she’s just as bad as skinny talking man. Talk, talk, talk, if Bobo wanted to just hear talking and arguing Bobo would have visited Bobo’s girlfriend last night. Bobo bout to kick that b*tch to the curb.

No comments: